On October 9 Affirmation sponsored a conference call to discuss the recent LDS General Conference, which included statements by Elder Oaks and Elder Nelson, condemning same-sex marriage. What follows is a transcript of the discussion.
- 066:00 PM-7:00 PM12/06/15The Affirmation FHE is held each Sunday and you can find the details of time and address at this website https://www.facebook.com/AffirmationFamilyHomeEveningSaltLake?__mref=message_bubble
- 067:00 PM-9:00 PM12/06/154837 NE Couch St, Portland, Oregon 97213, United States"And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye. . .having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another." —Mosiah 18:21.We invite you to join us for an open forum to discuss the impact the recent LDS leadership Handbook changes might have in your life and the lives of people you love (especially families and their children) and what we might do about it.In attendance will be at least one former stake president and at least one former bishop—both in unofficial capacities—to listen and answer your questions from their personal perspectives. You are welcome to invite or bring anyone who might be impacted by the new policies. We will share personal stories and concerns in an atmosphere of safety, healing, respect, and honest inquiry.We do not want to lecture our leaders on what they should or should not do. We can only speak our individual truths, ensuring our own hearts are in the right place. Some have felt a need for action of some sort and have suggested writing letters to Church leadership. We will discuss the efficacy of such a campaign and share thoughts about individual actions you might consider as a way to come to a place of peace while letting your voice be heard.And there will be refreshments!
- 108:00 PM-10:00 PM12/10/159900 Stoneybrook Dr, Kensington, MD 20895, United StatesIt's Christmas time! Join LGBTQ Mormons and their families and friends for a walk around the DC temple Christmas lights and international creche display. Power up (and warm up) beforehand at Kaldi's Coffee Bar and Bakery in Downtown Silver Spring for some hot cocoa or dessert, then carpool from Downtown Silver Spring to the Temple.Details:7:00-8:00 PM at Kaldi's Coffee Bar, 918 Silver Spring Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Silver Spring Metro station accessable)8:00 PM Carpool to DC Temple, 9900 Stoneybrook Dr, Kensington, MD 208958:00-10:00 DC Temple lights display.
- 116:30 PM-9:30 PM12/11/151166 e Pioneer Road, Salt Lake City, UT, United StatesView more details on the event Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/572822512817490/You are invited to our Christmas Barn Dinner and Dance Social for LGBT Mormons on Friday, December 11, 2015 at the Historic Draper Day Barn from 6:30 - 10:30 p.m.Please bring:-$5 entrance fee to cover cost of the barn-One of the following: a healthy or fun salad, nice/unique appetizer/finger food (no chips), or yummy dessert6:30 - 8:00 Dinner (main dish & drinks provided) & Socialize (with some fun get-to-know-you activities)8:00 - 8:30 Brief Fun Program8:30 - 10:30 Dance!!!It's going to be a blast! Come as you are and bring a friend, your significant other, partner, spouse, etc.Address/Directions: 1166 E. Pioneer Road (12400 S.). Located on the north end of Draper Park in "Pioneer Square". It is located next to other historic buildings including the Fitzgerald House (Chamber of Commerce) and the old Fitzgerald Cabin. To get to the Day Barn from Pioneer Road (12400 South street), turn south onto 1130 East which will take you to the Draper Library and Senior Center and then take a quick left (east). The Barn will be on the north side of the road.Parking: There is close parking on the south and east side of the facility. Additional parking is available within the Draper Park. Parking is not allowed along Pioneer Road.
- 136:00 PM-7:00 PM12/13/15The Affirmation FHE is held each Sunday and you can find the details of time and address at this website https://www.facebook.com/AffirmationFamilyHomeEveningSaltLake?__mref=message_bubble
2013 Affinity Affirmation Afirmación Allies América Latina California Church Conference Discussion Equality Faith familia Families Family Food Friends Fun Gathering Gay General Conference God Healing Latin America LDS LDS LGBT Leadership Lesbian LGBT LGBT Mormons Love Mormon Mormons Mormons Building Bridges Newsletter Pride Religion Salt Lake City Social Spiritual Spirituality SUD LGBT Support Utah Women