Quem nós somos
Somos uma Afirmação
- Affirmation supports LGBTQ/SSA Mormons and their families, friends and Church leaders in seeking to live healthy and productive lives consistent with their faith or heritage.
- We provide a loving, inclusive community for all LGBTQ/SSA people, and those who love them, regardless of how they identify in their sexual orientation, gender identity, or faith.
- Nós encorajamos a espiritualidade e capacitamos os mórmons LGBTQ / SSA a fazerem contribuições valiosas dentro e fora da Igreja.
- We organize local gatherings and international conferences, provide informational resources, and work for dialogue within the Church.
Affirmation Purpose (Mission) Statement
From the founding Affirmation Charter
Affirmation does charter itself for the purpose and position herein stated, as a charitable, service, educational and religious oriented association:
As members and friends of the gay and lesbian community, it is our intention to work for the understanding and acceptance of gays and lesbians as full, equal and worthy persons within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and society, and to help them realize and affirm self-worth.
Affirmation: Gay and Lesbian Mormons is a welcoming community and welcomes all persons regardless of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Affirmation supports and encourages its members by assisting them in dealing with the Church, their families, employers, work associates and social contacts. The association offers its members strength and support in solving personal problems through mutual acceptance and fellowship.
The association is organized to:
- Encourage spirituality, prayer and the practice of all Christ-like and charitable behavior in the recognition of members as whole and complete children of God.
- Provide support for people experiencing difficulty reconciling their sexual orientation with traditional Mormon beliefs and other belief systems about homosexuality.
- Provide a forum for communication and education for members and leaders of the Church and our peers concerning homosexuality.
- Provide support and opportunity for social interaction, intellectual development, emotional stability and cultural exposure with those of similar heritage and background.