Worldwide Prayer, Fast & Vigil Today (Sunday)
A worldwide prayer, fast, and vigil is being organized in response to the change in the LDS Church Handbook of Instruction that requests disciplinary councils be formed when same-sex couples marry and that children of same sex couples are denied blessings, baptism, and other ordinances until they are 18 and denounce same-sex marriage.
The facebook event page holds details of local gatherings. Also, see below for a list of local gathering.
Meetings will take place:
Sunday, November 8, 2015
1) Fast & Pray for those who may be suffering and for greater understanding and unity in Zion
2) Participate in a Sunday evening vigil in your city (more TBA)
Local Sunday evening vigils (ordered alphabetically by city; also scroll down to see other gatherings in more cities):
En Español: https://www.facebook.com/
Boise, Idaho: https://www.facebook.com/
Colorado Springs: https://www.facebook.com/
Los Angeles: https://www.facebook.com/
New York City: https://www.facebook.com/
Salt Lake City: https://www.facebook.com/
Washington, D.C.: https://www.facebook.com/
Phoenix, Arizona: ALL Arizona gathering of love and support, 4pm through the evening, Sunday, November 8. 1714 E Kramer St, Mesa, AZ. Contact Bryce at [email protected].
Cache Valley, Utah: An evening to come together to support each other. 967 E. 11000 S. Avon, Ut. Contact 435-760-2592.https://www.facebook.com/
Please note that these gatherings are not protests, but are an act of coming together as Latter-day Saints to show our love and concern for those who may be impacted by this new direction.
The largest gathering will be in Salt Lake City at 6 p.m. PM at the northwest corner of Pioneer Park (400 West, 300 South).
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW GUIDELINES FOR VIGILS:
Guidelines for Vigils:
– DO NOT enter the private grounds of a Church meetinghouse or Temple.
– DO NOT enter any private property without express permission from the owner.
– Check your city/county rules before organizing.
– Start the vigil with songs and a prayer
– Ask individuals to step forward and one by one share their messages of love and support for LGBT Mormons
– Participants may bring signs focused on showing their love and support for LGBT Mormons
– This is meant to be a solemn gathering and not one for lashing out or contention. Please avoid any personal attacks or chanting.
– If press/media attend and report on your event, feel free to share the prepared press release available here: