New Spanish Affirmation Website Goes Live!
“When I searched the words “gay” and “mormon” on the Internet, I would find lots of results in english: blogs, web pages, comments, videos, etc. One of the first sites I came across was Affirmation, which I started to look at with unbelief and uncertainty. I didn’t understand how there could be a site like as this, least to say a community like this: I couldn’t be gay and mormon at the same time, how could anybody be? As time went by I realized this group led me to the answers I was looking for, but I couldn’t share them for one single problem: the language. I did understand English, but with every post I read, I thought of my gay and lesbian LDS friends who wouldn’t understand. I always wanted to find these resources in my own language and now here they are! Affirmation has been a great help for me, and I believe it will be a big blessing for thousands of people to be able to read this website in spanish.
Spanish Translation Lead
We welcome you to the new Spanish Affirmation page: afirmacion.org. This website can be the beginning of a new perspective for your life, or your family and friends’. We are constantly improving ourselves and we hope you can find the answers you are looking for.
We started the task of translating this page some months ago, until it became what you can see now. We invite you to explore this website and to ponder on what you read:
- Know our Leadership Team– and Contact Us We are here to help you!
- Read stories of LGBT Mormons around the world and learn how they have followed their paths in life.
- Learn about international events you can be part of.
- Look for information and resources to further understand what it’s like to be LGBT and Mormon.
- Find easy ways to shere your experience with your family, friends and church leaders.
- Learn more about Affirmation and find out how you can be part of us.
- And much more…
We send you our greetings, hoping that you will feel part of this big family. And remember, you are not alone.
Affirmation – LGBT Mormons, Families and Friends
Leadership Team – Mexico